Thursday, October 27, 2011

The BIG Move


The move is less than a week away now and I am really starting to feel the pressure!  We signed the lease over a month ago, and the waiting is just killing me.  Ever since I was a little girl, I have never done well with changes - our weekend vacation in Clear Lake would end and I would cry the entire way home, the last day of school - more tears, moving off to college - hysterics as I waved goodbye in the UCSB parking lot.  No shame.

While I am so thrilled that we are starting the next chapter of our lives in a new place together, it hit me last night that this is my last week that I will be living with my best friend.  Probably the last week I will ever live with girlfriends.  The chapter of my life in my carefree twenties, eating ramen (yes I still do), stretching pennies, and sharing clothes is closing, and having loved it so much, this life change is so bittersweet.  I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping - actually this morning there was a HUGE earthquake around 5am, and I just couldn't get back to sleep.  I layed there thinking about all the things I have to do - the packing, the hiring movers, the laundry, the cleaning, patching holes, matching paint, and THEN... more cleaning, organizing, unpacking, sorting, and revamping in the new place.  I wish this move was over and done with so I could get back to me regular nine hours of sleep!  The anxiety is killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment